Brightening Skin SystemCosmeceutical-Dema Care
- Phloretin CF
2% phloretin: Derived from apples and the root bark of fruit trees including apple, pear, and grapefruit, this antioxidant neutralizes damaging free radicals, helps improve cell turnover, and improves the appearance of discoloration
10% L-ascorbic acid: Lauded for its superior antioxidant benefits, this highly potent form of pure vitamin C neutralizes damaging free radicals and protects against oxidative stress while providing visible anti-aging benefits
0.5% ferulic: A plant-based antioxidant, ferulic acid neutralizes free radicals and enhances the antioxidant benefits of phloretin and vitamins C and E
- Discoloration Defense
3% tranexamic acid: This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the recurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
1% kojic acid: Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
5% niacinimide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
5% sulfonic acid (HEPES): This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
- Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50
5% Zinc oxide (Z-Cote®): This microfine zinc oxide is a non-chemical filter providing broad spectrum protection against burning UVB rays and aging UVA rays. The particle size and distribution characteristics spread evenly and provide a non-whitening effect
6% Titanium dioxide: Microfine titanium dioxide is a non-chemical SPF contributor that forms a barrier on skin to protect against UVA and UVB rays
Artemia salina: This plankton extract helps boost skin’s natural defenses and resistance to UV rays and heat-induced stress
- Retinol 0.5
0.5% Retinol: A derivative of vitamin A, this powerful molecule promotes cellular turnover to help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. It also helps minimize blemishes while reducing the appearance of pores.
Soothing complex: This skin-calming blend of bisabolol (derived from the chamomile plant) and boswellia serrata extract (derived from frankincense) provides soothing benefits and helps comfort the skin.
HOW TO USE:
- After cleansing and toning, apply 4-5 drops of Phloretin CF® to face, neck, and chest. Avoid contact with eyes. Allow product to absorb completely. Apply 3-5 drops of Discoloration Defense to dry skin, avoiding contact with eyes and lips. Allow product to absorb completely. Apply a liberal amount of Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 to the entire face, neck and chest.
- At night apply 3-5 drops of Discoloration Defense to dry skin, avoiding contact with eyes and lips. Allow product to absorb completely. Apply a pea-sized amount of Retinol 0.5, carefully avoiding the eyes and the corners of the eyes. To ensure optimal results, wait at least 30 minutes before applying any additional corrective or moisturizing products the same evening as applying SkinCeuticals Retinol products. Limit initial use to once or twice a week; gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finally each evening as tolerated.
- Retinol is photosensitizing—broad-spectrum sun protection is a must when retinol is part of your skin care regimen. As a precaution, retinol products should not be used by pregnant women, or women who intend to become pregnant in the near future. Though there are no reports of topical retinol having any negative effect on fetal development, some problems have been reported with ingested retinoic acid.
A four-product homecare regimen to help treat skin discoloration and improve radiance.
SKIN TYPES: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination
SKIN CONCERN: Discoloration, Aging
This targeted homecare kit with key brightening products systematically improves the appearance of skin discoloration through multiple modes of action. A comprehensive four-step regimen helps improve skin tone evenness and radiance, and diminishes the appearance of discoloration.
- Phloretin CF: A light, triple antioxidant serum provides advanced environmental protection and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and skin discoloration.
- Discoloration Defense: Multi-phase serum formulated to reduce the appearance of multiple types of discoloration, including stubborn brown patches.
- Retinol 0.5: Pure, highly concentrated retinol in a stabilized delivery system that visibly improves the appearance of skin discoloration, uneven tone, and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50: Broad spectrum sunscreen with a universal tint to enhance natural skin tone and help protect against damaging UVA/UVB rays for brighter, more radiant skin.